According to the jeld-wen.com:
It Pays to Upgrade
Improving your home’s curb appeal is a smart investment. According to the National Association of Realtors (NAR), window and door projects mostly pay for themselves: homeowners can expect an 81 to 88 percent return on window upgrades at closing. Increased energy efficiency provides additional monthly savings. Furthermore, JELD-WEN conducted a survey that found replacing the entry and garage doors on a typical 2,500-square-foot home was worth an additional $16,000.
These are also great facts that Jeld-Wen has cited to support this idea:
- 90 percent of real estate agents felt a buyer’s first impression of the front entry was important to their ability to sell a home.
- 66 percent have mentioned energy efficient doors and windows in their home listings.
- 82 percent have had buyers decline to look inside a house based on the exterior appearance.
- 65 percent said the number of buyers looking for universal design features has increased in the last few years.
- 56 percent of agents have advised sellers to update windows and doors.
- A home with updated exterior doors was estimated to increase in value by $16,000.
-- Source: JELD-WEN REACT Survey (2008)