- Upon breaking, the shards of laminated glass adhere to the interposed plastic layer, reducing the potential for harm.
- This glass variant finds frequent application in automobile windshields and skylights.
- Upon braking it shatters into small granular chunks instead of splintering into jagged shards.
- Tempered glass is used for its safety and strength in a variety of applications including shower doors aquariums architectural glass doors.
- This glass breaks into large sharp shards posing a higher injury risk it's used in various applications but not where enhanced safety is required.